Dates: September 26 – October 2
Here are the statistics for the week:
- Gas in Olympia, WA this week: $3.68 per gallon
- Total distance for each mode of car-free transportation
- Walking: 3.26 miles
- Bicycle: 14.25 miles
- Bus: 261 miles
- Total car-free miles: 278.51
- Gallons of gas saved: 11.14
- Gas expense saved: $41.00
- Total transit fares: $30.00
- Total miles driven: 97
- Gallons of gas used: 3.88
- Cost of gas used: $14.28
What a week! We spent a lot of time on the road with two trips to Seattle. Since we were looking for housing on the second trip, we used my mom’s car to get from location to location. Even planning an hour and a half in between viewing appointments had us cutting it close in some cases to be on time.
After three months in which we’ve used the car very little, we found ourselves relieved to be out of the car. Running around in a steel box on wheels just feels alien to us now. It feels good to be walking and cycling around again!